Rogoznica, a warm and quiet town at the end of North Dalmatia. It extends for almost 50 km of coastline, and it’s the perfect place to relax with your family and friends.
Eager boaters are drown to one of the safest and loveliest ports on the Adriatic. Gravel and rock fill the beaches, and each district offers numerous hidden beaches in small coves. Rogoznica is known for a wide range of entertainments and cultural events, organized by the Tourist Board, that bring a special atmosphere to its streets.
The center of Rogoznica sits on a peninsula whose old stone houses are maintained, giving the waterfront an authentic Mediterranean atmosphere. The pine-covered peninsula is ideal for walking and other types of recreation.
Climate – The area surrounding the town of Rogoznica is located in the center of the Croatian coastal region that lies in the southernmost part of the Šibenik-Knin County, adjacent to the Split-Dalmatia County. On Capes Ploče or Planka, the jugo and bura winds collide, and warm and cold currents meet.
The climate is one of Rogoznica’s most attractive features, and the area has an average of 2,600 sunny hours per year.
During the four summer months, there are only four to seven rainy days on average.
Facts why Rogoznica is the ‘Heart of Dalmatia’:
- Rogoznica has 54 km long coastline and geographic position located in the center of Dalmatia, moreover, it is the most protruded part of the Croatian mainland which penetrates deeply into the Adriatic Sea
- Rogoznica separates North and South Adriatic, which is extremely emphasized by very specific climatological behavior in this area, or more precisely at the Rogoznica’s cape Planka, where we have a direct combat of different climates, winds and sea currents, or locally said, fight of ‘Bura and Jugo’ (northern and southern wind).
- Uniqueness of the island surrounded by land on all sides
- With its location Rogoznica represents a perfect location, a great starting point for all excursions in the closer and wider area (when accommodated in Rogoznica, you can make daily trips to all most popular destinations, even to Dubrovnik at south or National Park Plitvice at north)
- Rogoznica is a great starting point on the mainland, and even better at the sea, beside of its outstanding location, it is the safest harbor on the Adriatic Sea
Source: Rogoznica Tourist Board